This is a HPC server of the Department of Computer Engineering, University of Peradeniya.
The administrator changes will be documented here.
You can use this server using the LDAP login for ce.pdn.ac.lk undergraduates (which is used for CO top floor lab, aiken and tesla) without sudo access.
I am not an undergraduate of the Department of Computer Engineering, University of Peradeniya. Can I use this server?
How can I connect to this server?
You can use ssh login. This is a good set of instructions on the matter. If it is not clear (or unaccessible), contact dhanushki.mapitigama[at]eng.pdn.ac.lk
What is the hardware configuration of this server?
- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz (20MB Cache, 32 Threads)
- 256 GB of RAM
What is the operating system of this server?
Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
How can I run a Jupyter Notebook on the server and access it over the internet?
- Create a conda environment with jupyter notebook package installed.
- Activate that environment.
jupyter notebook --generate-config
- It will say the configuration file for your account. Edit the configuration file and add the following two lines. (They are originally commented out as given below.)
# c.NotebookApp.allow_origin = '' # c.NotebookApp.ip = 'localhost' c.NotebookApp.allow_origin = '*' c.NotebookApp.ip = '0.0.0.0'
- Save the configuration file. You should still be in the conda environment.
- Run the jupyter notebook.
- You will see a URL like this
- Type the following address into your PC browser
- Your browser (on your PC) will be showing the jupyter notebook running on the aiken server.
Can I install some software here?
Please request through any CO staff member. Please note that the server admin has no authority to install something unless it is requested by a staff memeber.
What can I do if my doubt is not listed here?
Ask the admin.
What software is installed in this server?
- Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
- conda 4.8.5