This is a GPU server of the Department of Computer Engineering, University of Peradeniya.
The administrator changes will be documented here.
You can use this server using the LDAP login for ce.pdn.ac.lk undergraduates (which is used for CO top floor lab, aiken and tesla) without sudo access.
How can I connect to this server?
You can use ssh login. This is a good set of instructions on the matter. If it is not clear (or unaccessible), contact dhanushki.mapitigama[at]eng.pdn.ac.lk
What is the Hardware Configuration of this server?
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8MB Cache, 8 threads)
- 32 GB Memory
- Tesla C2075 GPU (6GB DDR5 Memory, 448 CUDA Cores, Compute Capability 2.0)
What is the operating system of this server?
Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
What software is in installed in this server?
- MySQL : Students can request login to use the MySQL server for their projects.
- Apache server: Students can request web server space for their projects.
How can I run a Jupyter Notebook on the server and access it over the internet?
- Create a conda environment with jupyter notebook package installed.
- Activate that environment.
jupyter notebook --generate-config
- It will say the configuration file for your account. Edit the configuration file and add the following two lines. (They are originally commented out as given below.)
# c.NotebookApp.allow_origin = '' # c.NotebookApp.ip = 'localhost' c.NotebookApp.allow_origin = '*' c.NotebookApp.ip = '0.0.0.0'
- Save the configuration file. You should still be in the conda environment.
- Run the jupyter notebook.
- You will see a URL like this
- Type the following address into your PC browser
- Your browser (on your PC) will be showing the jupyter notebook running on the tesla server.
Can I install some software here?
Please request through any CO staff member. Please note that the server admin has no authority to install something unless it is requested by a staff memeber.
What can I do if my doubt is not listed here?
Ask the admin.
What software is installed in this server?
I am not an undergraduate of the Department of Computer Engineering, University of Peradeniya. Can I use this server?